Photoshop: Somewhere


 Somewhere


Artist statement: 

    Putting myself into one of my favorite films with the help of Photoshop complements my wish to be with my favorite movie characters. For this project, I have picked one of my favorite films, which I can put myself in based on the available material, such as wearing a disguise to match with characters and focusing on what kind of position/role should fit within the scene. Looking through my wardrobe, I wear mostly dark clothes, but at least have whites. So, comparing my favorite films, there needed to be more to go with since it involved movies in the past, expensive places, a school with a specific uniform, and animation. However, I remember that Netflix will be releasing a new series a day named Wednesday about Wednesday Addams from the Addams family, who wears not colored clothes and enjoy putting horror/Torture on others for good, but at least for good intentions sometimes. At first, I decided to put Myself in one of the scenes of Wednesday as the role of Wednesday's twin or sister, especially when the family visits her for a family school gathering in an episode, but I thought something else better. 

 


  I thought, why not put on a costume to be an eviler twin sister or the worst side of Wednesday by wearing white clothes since her favorite color is black. While putting on some makeup, painting, and making my hair into pink tales to look more like Wednesday's character but the opposite and scarer in person. When my costume was completed, I took pictures of myself killing Wednesday with an evil face since, in one of the scenes, Wednesday was dying on the ground, and the more evil twin sister was killing her baldy. Although putting in the image was a difficult challenge, changing the lighting or making myself look like I was actually inside the show was a tricky success since the light in the scene was blue. I have to make myself with blue light without looking at a Smurf. It was a very challenging mission, but I could do it in the end with the help of Photoshop.

Comments

Popular Posts