Photoshop: BW to Color

 BW to Color



Artist statement: 

   Creating a photo with five colors from Photoshop as a tool was a challenging project in the process. I have to select a selfie, but I wanted to have at least a design in the background to be able to have experiences with the five colors. So, I decided to pick a photo of myself behind my pictures of my favorite memories and anime. If I took a shot from a distance, the viewer would focus more on the background than the person. So, I wanted a balanced focus between the back and front of the image from the viewers' perspective.







   At first, I was trying to decide what color should be the primary center for the three versions of the photo, so I started picking one of my favorite colors: light purple. Before coloring the images, I have to cut and mask them into separate layers. It takes a long process since getting specific details into one mask is challenging. While keeping the background hidden within the layers and ensuring the cuts are still connected like puzzle pieces. However, it was still worth it in the end, even though selecting sections from triad, compound, and double-spilt complementary colors became another challenge for not blending the colors and making them pop for the viewers could see clearly. 

Comments

Popular Posts